Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sleep...

I get asked a lot about how we are all sleeping. The first month was a little rough. Campbell refused to sleep unless someone was holding her. So for a while we slept like this:




And like this:



Out of desperation I even had her sleep in the bed with me. Finally I decided to give the bassinet next to our bed one last try. I swaddled her up as tight as I could, got her to fall asleep, and crossed my fingers when I put her down. I woke up 5 hours later in a panic not remembering where the baby was. We had a break through!! Most nights Campbell is asleep by 8 and wakes up about every 4-5 hours. We do have the occasional night where she does not want to sleep, but for the most part she sticks to this schedule. Here is a picture of what she looked like that morning. She had completely busted out of my swaddling job, but I still felt like celebrating our accomplishment.

No comments: