Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mommy goes to work...baby goes to daycare

Campbell starts daycare tomorrow, well if I don't change my mind again. We had a last minute daycare change today. I saw a few things I didn't like at our first daycareand after several "second opinions" I came to the conclusion that I was not overacting about the lady dropping Campbell's pacifier on the floor then promptly returning it to the baby's mouth, without washing it!! While I was able to fight back the urge to shake the lady, grab my baby back, and run out the door, I could not let Campbell stay there!

After Jon talked me out of quiting my job, I started the daycare search again. We ended up finding someone we both felt comfortable with. Jon decided that Campbell should go to daycare with instructions so he helped her write a letter to the new daycare lady:

Campbell Nicole Behrends

Things that make me happy
I like my puppet, his name is Fluppy. He barks when you press the heart on his chest. I like the star that lights up, I will stare at it until I get tired. I like things that make noise. Mommy and Daddy sent Rueben with me, he is a giraffe that lights up and talks to me. I will play on the play mat until I get tired. You will know I am tired when I get fussy. I would like to be fed and rocked to sleep when I am finished playing. I love to sleep in my car seat, or swing, that Daddy should have brought to your house. If you have time, I love to cuddle when I am sleeping. Holding me until I fall asleep is a must.

Things that make me sad
I absolutely hate being in a dirty diaper. If I am fussy and won’t stop crying, try changing my diaper. I don’t like it when I have a rumble in my tummy. I take a bottle no problem and will usually fall asleep after I have eaten. I need to be burped right after I finish my lunch. If you remove the empty bottle from my mouth and immediately replace it with a pacifier, I won’t make a sound.

Things that make Mommy sad
If my pacifier hits the ground, please do not stick it back in my mouth until it has been washed off. Mommy would appreciate it if no one kissed me on the mouth. She is has this thing about germs. I think it comes from working with kids all day.

Things that make Daddy sad
Daddy is super laid back and figures that you know more about kids than he does. Please prove him right!!

Thank you very much for welcoming me into your home. I will try to be good. Most days I am pure joy. Occasionally I have an off day, please forgive me. And please forgive Mommy & Daddy if this list grows over time. They are still learning what makes me happy and sad.


Can’t wait to get to know you,

Campbell Behrends




I am sure the daycare lady will appreciate a baby that comes with directions!
Since I have been out of work so long Campbell decided to help me brush up on my skills. She even let me start teaching her to read:


No comments: